Re: Next steps for a reproducible Fontconfig?

Alexander Larsson <alexander.larsson@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> As I said in an earlier email, it needs to be in the individual dir
> elements, because a global salt is not right.

Do you want it in the <dir> elements directly? That would be more
straightforward in many ways and could avoid troubles with separate salt
declarations that take effect more broadly than one directory.

So, one file (generated at flatpak creation time) with

        <dir salt="random bits">/usr/share/fonts</dir>
        <dir>/run/host/fonts</dir>

and another (generated at runtime) with

        <remap-dir as-path="/usr/share/fonts">/run/host/fonts</remap-dir>

Presumably you will mask all host configured font paths somehow? Maybe
you need to be able to inherit the 'salt' value from the host (if set)?
If so, we could have:

        <remap-dir as-path="/usr/share/fonts" salt="host salt for /usr/share/fonts">/run/host/fonts</remap-dir>

--
-keith