Re: Problem Installing FC 6 Final on LVs over software raid

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
<snip>

These two sentences above togeher sound somewhat strange to me.
Maybe somebody with a better than mine grasp of all technical
details here can comment?  Is this inability to find RAID disks
possibly your problem if an array should show up?  It sounds like
something else than what I suggested as a possibility.

In any case - those signatures are on "closer to the metal"
devices, like /dev/hda and similar and not on /dev/md...',
and with 'dmraid -r' you should see something of that sort:

/dev/sdb: pdc, "pdc_cjfeejidea", stripe, ok .....

if they are really present.

Would

mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/md1

work?

If you are asking if this will have effects you desire then
I have no idea. :-)

   Michal

Must be something else then because:

[root@P4C800Deluxe ~]# dmraid -r
No RAID disks
[root@P4C800Deluxe ~]# mdadm --detail /dev/md* | egrep '/dev|Level|State'
/dev/md0:
     Raid Level : raid5
          State : clean
    Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
       0       8       33        0      active sync   /dev/sdc1
       1       8       49        1      active sync   /dev/sdd1
       2       8        1        2      active sync   /dev/sda1
/dev/md1:
     Raid Level : raid5
          State : clean
    Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
       0       8       34        0      active sync   /dev/sdc2
       1       8       50        1      active sync   /dev/sdd2
       2       8       17        2      active sync   /dev/sdb1
/dev/md2:
     Raid Level : raid1
          State : clean
    Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
       0       8       35        0      active sync   /dev/sdc3
       1       8       51        1      active sync   /dev/sdd3
[root@P4C800Deluxe ~]#

Thanks for your interest...you have given something else to investigate. And, perhaps, as you say, someone else will take an interest and provide some clues or some debugging avenues.
--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)