Re: F21 RC1 fixes - Re: F21 TC4 Server netinst hangs at Probing Storage

On Sat, 2014-11-29 at 19:47 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> >> And got into the boot and the menu no problem.  I see that the check box
> >> for updates is greyed out, of course there are not updates.  But I can
> >> add other repos.  I wonder if I were to add the update (once available)
> >> here, if it would have the proper weight to replace rpms from the os repo?
> > Didn't I just explain this in a rather long email two days ago? Yes. If
> > you are specifying a custom base repo, then the way to add an updates
> > repository is to specify it as an additional repository. The checkbox is
> > a 'special case' UI element for the ISO and 'closest mirror' cases. I
> > think there could stand to be UI improvements here, but it's not a
> > complete slam dunk and I moved on to more immediately important stuff.
>
> I will read it again.  This was an effort to test out what I read you
> saying.  I did not get a part about controling the priorities of the
> repos.  Will read through it again before testing.  I actually wanted to
> SEE if I learned anything from your long email!

Heh, I see.

I'm not sure the question of which repo takes 'priority' is quite the
right one. If you have multiple repositories enabled, for any given
package, the newest available version will be installed. I mean, it's no
different from post-install, really - anaconda basically just runs yum.
So if any repo you define and enable provides a newer version of a
package than is in your base repo, that package will be installed.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey