Re: My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

On 1/06/2011 12:45 AM, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> Regardless of whether or not your unhappiness is the result of GNOME
> 3's release, unhappiness does not give you the right to insult, berate
> and abuse us on this or any other mailing list. If you have legitimate
> concerns, you can voice them without resorting to school yard behavior
> and we can try to address them.

Well, I wasn't going to reply to any of this - although I agree with the
general consensus that Gnome 3 is - at this stage - the Windows ME of
Desktops. You remember the one - the interface that everybody wanted to
forget as quick as possible.

Right now though, just like a lot of people, we'll stick with Fedora 14
until next cycle comes along - and if Gnome 3 hasn't come along in leaps
and bounds in that time, then I'd expect another berating.

Bottom line is that if you swap fully functional with partly finished
then you have to expect some flack. Yes, its better than it was - but it
certainly isn't worth a 3.0 release - more like 3.0 Beta.

Until its functionality comes along a long way, expect to continue to
see mailing list, forum posts, web sites etc all saying "What the hell
is this tripe!?"

For some final words, one thing about software development is that you
need to have a thick skin. I didn't see any insulting of yourself
personally - but come on, man up and stop trying to create conflict
where there isn't...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx