Re: My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM, <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The networking came up as IPv6 *only*. My router does not do IPv6 and my
ISP (Qwest) does not know when their network ever will. In order to get it
to work I had to hack files in /etc/sysconfig and use dhclient to get an
address since the Network Manager applet is dumbed down to absolute
worthlessness. (More on that later.) ÂThe networking problems seem to have
been fixed, but there were far too many of them. (Having no default route
for fixed IP addresses was a pain.)

Go to Activities and then search by the keyword ÂnetworkÂ. Now from the search result click Network Connections. This is the old nm-applet of Gnome 2.

If you click the network icon of the panel then Network Settings, thatÂs the different thing (dumbed down to absolute worthlessness).

--
Angel
Give me Linux.. ..or give me death