Re: more newbie-friendly dual-boot instructions?

On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 01:24:22PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> So who does this ^ article mean when they say "new users" - because
> if installation is the big hurdle (and it's not just for Fedora),
> why is there no mention of installing how to / partitioning how to
> in this article?

Well, I guess I'm coming at this from the other direction. I see
non-theoretical new Fedora users hitting a problem.

> nice for that audience? But the majority of folks, regardless of
> distro, have this hurdle and I don't see dual boot coming up when I
> search for guides aimed at what I think is the correct audience here
> so I don't understand why that's what we're looking to as the
> solution?

Maybe you're right and we're not actually worse than other distros in this
area. I still see it as something we can improve. We could try to do some
more research on the users who are coming in organically like the ones I'm
seeing, or we could try to develop guides for different personas.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>