Re: more newbie-friendly dual-boot instructions?

On Sun, Dec 06, 2020 at 01:17:31PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I dont know the state of persistent live installs these days - I know it
> previously has been pretty shaky. If it's better now, then if we could set
> them up with that it'd be ideal. Maybe we could recommend some nice USB
> flash drive HW for the task as well.

It's the same is it was, so, yeah, that's my trepidation with that
recommendation.

On the other hand, my hesitation with telling people "dual boot is hard" is
that, like in the referenced Ask question, people are being told by other
distros "setting up dual boot is easy and the best way to get started."

So, if we say "actually, don't dual boot, here's a whole 'nuther thing which
may require you to install extra software trust us it'll be even easier", a
lot of people are just going to say "never mind, Fedora is making things
complicated again", which is what I wanted to avoid in the first place.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>