Re: Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Les Mikesell wrote:

Once you start relying on yum/rpm, there's nothing much uglier than conflicting packages.

Conflicting third party repo/packages are for distributions regardless of the package manager.

If things are standardized to the point that they can't be changed, then I don't see how keeping those jpackage/fedora versions identical can be such a big problem.

I didn't claim everything was standardized. Just that paths cannot be changed for all packages to avoid conflicts.

You have to figure out specific issues and talk to the Fedora Java team.

I'd hope there could be a general solution.

There is no silver bullet.

Rahul