Re: Why is redhat-artwork multi-lib?

seth vidal wrote:
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 11:06 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 11:06 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:29 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
I don't think it is particularly difficult, but there are a number of constraints (like keeping all trademarked logos in a separate package). What we need before making any decisions here is a summary of the current situation (what "artwork" packages do we have, how do they interact, also wrt to derived distributions, etc) and a list of goals for a reorganization. I'm sure interested community members can take a
whack at that.
were you planning in changes in this area vis anaconda?
One thing that was discussed a little at FUDCon was moving some of the
trademarked logo bits into a separate "branding" repository.

That doesn't really have much to do with redhat-artwork, though.
Historically speaking, redhat-artwork was created to contain all
Bluecurve bits (and could as well have been called "bluecurve-artwork",
it was just named prior to the name Bluecurve and with the thought of
letting the theme change over time...)

Matthias,
 So it sounds like all that needs to happen is:

 1. rename the pkg to system-artwork (add an obsoletes redhat-artwork)
 2. get rid of the bluecurve libs into another pkg
 3. profit!

Does that sound right to you

Moving the libs to another package lets redhat-artwork become noarch, sure. It doesn't address most of the other issues with artwork being spread over several packages in a confusing way...