Re: convert everything to rpmautospec?

On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 02:20:37PM +0200, Petr Pisar wrote:
> > - should we extend this further and say, if we no longer assume NEVRAs
> >   are monotonically increasing in a new release, we should allow
> >   packagers to use this opportunity to drop epochs in Rawhide? (likely
> >   with proper announcement beforehand in devel@)
> >
> Who will check reverse dependncies? E.g. perl will drop "Epoch: 4". Who will
> check that no other package "Requires: perl > 4:..."? I remind that
> fedora-ci.koji-build.rpmdeplint.functional gating test is still not enforced
> globally.

Good point. I'm still following up on trying to get the current gating
tests enabled for EPEL -- and there are still occasions where they don't
run on Fedora too.

There's also the issue that, AIUI, the installability check tests
whether the packages in the update set are installable, but does not
check whether they break any revdep... room for improvement there, and
maybe that can be tackled first.

Best regards,

--
 _o) Michel Lind (né Salim)