[Last call, due Thu 11 April] Join us! Restarting Community Ops team meetings in 2024

Hi Fedora Devel,

I wanted to echo this Community Blog post[1] on the Devel list. This is the final week that the meeting poll is open for the Community Operations team meetings. This is a gradual comeback for the team since its pause in 2019/2020.

If you are interested, please fill the meeting poll[2] by end-of-day on Thursday, 11 April.

Full details below.

=== === ===

After a long pause since 2019, the Fedora Community Operations (CommOps) team[3] will hold an inaugural meeting in support of the recently-approved Community Ops 2024 Reboot[4] Community Initiative. Please fill the meeting day/time poll[2] if you are interested by Thursday, 11 April 2024.

Bringing back the team in 2024

After a bit of a break—thanks to *cough cough* COVID—the Community Ops team is revving up again! We’ve got big plans, like the Fedora Linux 40 Release Party in May and diving into the Community Initiative[4] proposed from February to October this year.

The first meeting will be co-chaired by Alberto Rodriguez Sanchez[5] (bt0dotninja), Robert Wright[6] (rwright), and Justin W. Flory[7] (jflory7).

But here’s the deal: we need your help. We want to invite the community to be a part of the new team. This includes community members who have either been around for a long time or a short time.

Fill in the meeting day/time poll

So, help us mark the calendars! Our first meeting is happening between April 15th and 19th, 2024. But we need your input to lock down the perfect time. Fill the meeting day/time poll[2] and let us know what works for you. A decision on the team meeting date/time will be posted on Friday, 12 April 2024.

Let’s make this restart a success together! If you have questions, drop a comment to this post on Fedora Discussion[8].

[1] — https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/restarting-community-ops-2024/
[2] — https://rallly.co/invite/xVPA5fJISpXB
[3] — https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/commops/contribute/commops-landing/
[4] — https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Initiatives/Community_Ops_2024_Reboot
[5] — https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bt0dotninja
[6] — https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rwright
[7] — https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jflory7
[8] — https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/join-us-restarting-community-ops-team-meetings-in-2024/111336

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory (he/him) || 📧 jwf@xxxxxxxxxx || 🔗 jwf.io

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no expectation to receive a reply outside yours.