Re: Auto-assign packager sponsors to tickets?

Benson Muite kirjoitti 4.4.2023 klo 10.43:
Response times to pull requests can vary.  Most people who want to be
packagers are submitting something new.  The above would work well for
SIGS which package related software.  In particular, if a package can be
adopted by a SIG, then the person submitting it need not be sponsored to
have the package in Fedora, as the SIG can adopt the package, and the
person submitting it make pull requests to make changes.

I am wondering that this notion that most of the time, new packagers want to submit a new package. Is that just a feeling or do we have some way to get actual data?

And how do we control for the fact that even currently, and even more in the past, the documentation for the process is assuming that to be the typical case. I assume that creates a bias by attracting potential contributors who have a new package, and repelling others who have something else in mind.