Re: Auto-assign packager sponsors to tickets?

Jakub Kadlcik wrote:
> > From this thread I get
> > the opposite impression, that Pagure tickets are processed quickly and
> > FE-NEEDSPONSOR blockers are not looked at. If so, I propose the policy
> > is updated to ask for a Pagure ticket in every case.
>
> I get the same impression and I would agree with Otto's proposal to
> get rid of the FE-NEEDSPONSOR entirely.

To a beginner (in any project) it's cumbersome to file two separate
requests in two different issue trackers for what feels like a single
task. It's less of a barrier to beginners if they only have to deal
with Bugzilla.

On the other hand it's important that there are ways to become a
packager without adding a new package, so a package review in Bugzilla
can't be the only way to get sponsored.

Therefore, if some automation can notify the sponsors in Pagure when a
review is completed and still blocks FE-NEEDSPONSOR, that sounds like a
better idea than getting rid of FE-NEEDSPONSOR. It would lower the
barrier to entry for those beginners who begin by making a new package.

> Apart from it not being
> processed as effectively as the package-sponsor repo tickets, the
> FE-NEEDSPONSOR is confusing anyway (it is set to a review ticket but
> the ticket doesn't need to be sponsored, the contributor does. That
> becomes weird when the contributor has more tickets at the same time
> and so on).

I would think most beginner packagers start with a single package. I had
three myself, but they depended on each other so one specific package
had to go first. A beginner with multiple independent packages, such
that they can be reviewed and imported in arbitrary order, is probably
an uncommon case.

Björn Persson