Re: Code of Conduct issue

On 24/03/2020 13:47, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:28 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sending this to another list is not the solution.  Langhoff unleashed
>> this monster on this list and it is time for people to show some respect
>
> Of all the players in this saga, it turns out that I am the unleasher
> of monsters?
>
> With apologies for the whole list for extending this thread and topic,
> couple facts
>
> - I happen to be subscribed to debian-devel, LWN and fedora-devel,
> with good friends in both Debian and Fedora communities.  None of my
> good friends seem to have aggrieved Daniel - that I know of.
> - I observed the unfortunate discussions in debian-devel and articles in LWN
> - Mentioned it here,

You didn't simply "mention", you made an accusation and insult.  You
repeated it again in a second message.  You suggested people could learn
more from a link to an article that is full of attacks and utterly
devoid of any evidence.

> Honestly, I think that Daniel may well have reasons for his original
> grievance. But this original grievance seems to be used to justify a
> lot of stuff that is -- IMHO -- just not ok and keeps escalating and
> expanding across development communities.
>
> AIUI, several people have suggested to Daniel to walk away, take some
> time off... I can't say I disagree with those recommendations.

Why should /any/ developer walk away from an activity they enjoy,
something they've been doing for over 20 years, just because some other
person in another community decides to start a vendetta?

Would you say the Jews should have just walked away when Hitler started
speaking badly about them?  Should those women just give up their
careers and walk away when they encountered sexism from Harvey Weinstein?

To set the record straight, I did take a vacation, I even blogged[1]
about it on Planet and that is the very week when people started
spreading gossip and trying to blackmail me.  Your repeated attempts to
frame this around me are both condescending and increasingly at odds
with the facts.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://danielpocock.com/crossing-great-st-bernard-pass/