Re: Code of Conduct issue

On 24/03/2020 12:08, Charalampos Stratakis wrote:

> Why would you care though, care to elaborate? And how would you personally know what is going on? Clearly there are reasons for it to go to a different venue and you just blindly assume that this is censorship and whatnot.

I just want to emphasize that this has nothing to with a Code of Conduct
violation

>From the beginning of 2018, I had advised Molly de Blanc, as a fellow
GSoC admin and Chris Lamb, as Debian Project Leader, that I was reducing
my involvement in some things due to extraordinary personal circumstances.

People appeared unsatisfied with that information.  In 2019 I told
people that one of the challenges was the death of my father.  I didn't
choose to tell people about that: I feel that people spreading gossip
forced me to disclose that.  I can't think of any greater violation of
somebody's privacy and dignity than /forcing/ them to talk or write
about something like that at such a painful time.

How did they force me to disclose things like that?  Spreading gossip.
Every time I go to an event now somebody asks me about gossip started by
rogue members of the Debian cabal.  It has recently been revealed that
Harvey Weinstein was doing exactly the same thing to hurt the careers[1]
of actresses who wouldn't volunteer for certain duties.  When you look
at how Hartman, FSFE and LWN collaborated on that filthy article, can
you see the parallels with Weinstein's abuses[1], a deliberate attempt
to harm somebody's career?

When I see the recent communications from Sam Hartman, LWN and Martin
Langhoff, I can imagine how those actresses feel under the coercive
influence of somebody who abuses a position of power.  Once again, I
didn't choose to disclose details about my family and those actresses
didn't choose to obey Weinstein.

Sending this to another list is not the solution.  Langhoff unleashed
this monster on this list and it is time for people to show some respect
for human decency, end the games with Planet and rebase the Git
repository to completely remove the commit that has my family name in it
so there is no trace that this ever happened.

Regards,

Daniel

1.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/15/peter-jackson-harvey-weinstein-ashley-judd-mira-sorvino