Re: Modularity: The Official Complaint Thread

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Aleksandar Kurtakov
<akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The way Eclipse is treated makes me really sad and kind of regret the time spent on Fedora over the years! Being forced to be a module but blocked to be default stream by FESCo arguing over whether it wants modularity (sorry, this is how it looks) is the best way for Fedora to show to project and people they are not wanted in the community!
> The net effect for me personally is to totally move my eyes away as I get really pissed off

Eclipse has definitely had a rough ride here. There's no question
about that. And while it may be small comfort to the Eclipse
maintainers, it has been invaluable in showing us which policies we
need to put in place to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
Being "forced to be a module" was somewhat outside our control, as the
Java team went running off and delivered their version of a finished
product and you got caught in the crossfire. We are doing everything
we can to sort this out.

I do apologize for how hard your project has gotten hit. It was unfair
to the Eclipse team.