Re: new section for 'Join the package collection maintainers'

On 14.03.2018 14:40, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 14/03/18 01:02 +0100, René Genz wrote:
>> On 13.03.2018 15:13, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>> On 12/03/18 21:02 -0300, Athos Ribeiro wrote:
[snip]

> You could add a link saying something like "To make a one-off
> contribution see below" to skip past the main content of the page, but
> the new content should still come after the main content.

I will add it to the end of the table of contents and the end of the page. Less links that could break.

[snip]
>>> you cannot create a fork on src.fedoraproject.org so must use an
>>
>> You can create a fork on src.fedoraproject.org if your account is not a member of the 'packager' group.
>
> Really?

Yes.

>> For this account and repo:
>> * up- and downloading with the SSH URL fails
>> * downloading with the HTTPS URL works
>> (I guess uploading with the HTTPS URL is not supported, like it is in pagure.io)
>
> That's not creating a fork on src.fedoraproject.org, it's cloning the
> repo onto your local machine.

True, I wanted to describe the behavior of the repo for accounts without 'packager' group membership.

Taking feedback from Athos and you into account here is a new proposal:
---8<---
3. One-off contributions

Changes to existing packages can be suggested by submitting <pull requests (https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/pull_requests.html)>.
You must have a <Fedora account (#Create_a_Fedora_Account)> to create a pull request.

If your account is not a member of the 'packager' group:
* cloning your fork works only with the HTTPS URL and
* you cannot write to your fork
That is why you must upload your changes to an external Git hosting platform (e.g. <Pagure (https://pagure.io/new)>) and use a <Remote pull-request (https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/pull_requests.html#remote-git-to-pagure-pull-request)>.

The requirement for accounts to be a member of the 'packager' group in order to be able to write to their forks on src.fedoraproject.org is being worked on.
---8<---

Anything that should be changed?
--
Kind regards,