new section for 'Join the package collection maintainers'

Dear sir or madam,

the other day I wanted to contribute a fix to an RPM package's spec file.

I struggled with uploading my changes to my fork on src.fedoraproject.org.
puiterwijk and clime from #fedora-admin IRC channel on freenode.net pointed me in the right direction:
* 'packager' status for FAS account required, else all repos, including forks, are read-only
* workaround is to use a "Remote pull-request"
* requirement of 'packager' status is being worked on.

With this information contributing the fix was easy.

I could not find the information given on IRC channel in the documentation of Fedora or Pagure.
Hence I created a pull-request to update Pagure's documentation:
https://pagure.io/pagure/pull-request/3057

pingou would rather not include it in Pagure's documentation because, from his point of view, it is too specific to https://src.fedoraproject.org for Pagure's documentation.

I will remove my proposal to modify "doc/usage/pull_requests.rst" from the pull request. Hence I write it down here as a reference:
* add at line 5:
At the moment any repos, including forks, on `src.fedoraproject.org <https://src.fedoraproject.org>` require your `FAS account <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Account_System>` to have 'packager' status for write access (and read access if you use the "SSH" Source GIT URL).
Either you request the status or you use the :ref:`Remote-Git-to-Pagure-pull-request` workaround.
The requirement to be a packager is being worked on.

* replace at line 23:
You can create a pull request from another git hosting platform (e.g. GitHub, GitLab).
with:
You can create a pull request from another git hosting platform (e.g. `Pagure <https://pagure.io/new>` (for src.fedoraproject.org), GitHub, GitLab).

Now I try to add the information to Fedora's documentation.
>From my point of view, this would be a good website:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

I propose to:
add a new major point 2, so:
"2. How to join the Fedora Package Collection Maintainers?"
will be:
"3. How to join the Fedora Package Collection Maintainers?"

The new major point 2 would be something like:
---8<---
2. Notes for one-off contributors

Your contribution is welcome.

At first you must <Create a Fedora Account (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers?rd=PackageMaintainers/Join#Create_a_Fedora_Account)>.

Before proceeding, please sync your account by login on https://src.fedoraproject.org/ using your FAS credentials.

At the moment any repos, including forks, on https://src.fedoraproject.org require your FAS account to have 'packager' status for write access (and read access if you use the "SSH" Source GIT URL).
Either you get the status or you use a <Remote pull-request (https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/pull_requests.html#remote-git-to-pagure-pull-request)>, f.e. with <Pagure (https://pagure.io/new)>, as a workaround.
The requirement to be a packager is being worked on.
---8<---

What do you think?
I can edit the wiki.
I ask first in order to avoid an edit war.

It is OK for me if you do not want this change. Just let me know.
--
Best regards,
René