Re: Frequently broken Rawhide/Branched composes

On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 04:47:49PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Sorry, just to be clear, what would have its own issues:
> - asking rawhide users to use distro-sync instead of update?
> - automatically have dnf detect it's running in rawhide and default to
>   distro-sync instead of update?

As distro-sync puts all packages back at the repo version, it can also
revert the installation of local rebuilds or bug fix builds
cherry-picked from Koji.

The latter has become pretty common for me in recent weeks, as the
persistent compose issues mean that packages may take a long time
to hit the repos.

Nothing that can't be worked around by judicious use of excludes, you
just have to be aware of it instead of blindly firing off a distro-sync.