Re: EPEL analyse/observation, some question, PR proposals/questions and more ..

On 22 January 2018 at 12:21, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tomasz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22 January 2018 at 15:53, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [,,]
>>
>> > OK so here you just gave me +1 for a). Thx.
>> >

>> No I didn't. It is clear that our versions of English are not syncing
>> up so I am not sure how to communicate clearly with you. You think I
>> am reading in between the lines, but I think I am reading what you are
>> saying as direct and to the point of what you are wanting to do.
>> However they are not matching up and you seem to be taking offence
>> when I was thinking I was being helpful. Since that isn't happening, I
>> am ending my part of the conversation until such time as I can figure
>> out how to communicate better with you.
>

> Why you are using rhetoric ("argumentum ad hominem/personam" to be more
> precise) against me and not using exact specs from CentOS showing that I'm
> wrong?

I am not meaning to use rhetoric tricks, and I will try to be clearer.

I am saying that interpreting my statements as giving you a +1 is
wrong. Nothing about what you proposed earlier.  If I am going to give
you a +1 I will do so clearly and with my own typing. Taking my words
out of context is all I am disagreeing with you.

That said, I am not agreeing with you either. We have a trilogic
position. +1 I agree, 0 I have not made up my mind, -1 I disagree. I
am at 0 . I have reservations mainly out of a history of dealing with
the n hundred Fedora maintainers  on past cleanups and how many times
the cleanup fails not because the fix wasn't needed but because the
people pushing the fix didn't do the groundwork needed. That
groundwork is not about showing how bad stuff is or how illogical
something is. It has to do with convincing N hundred developers that
they have less work and more control if they do it the new way.

The reason I want to know is that it is a lot of work and it depends
on how the proposer deals with people who can't see exactly what the
proposer is saying. When it works it goes well. When it does not it is
just constant garbage battles and flame wars. The problem I am seeing
here is that I am someone who knows what work you have done in PLD and
have been very much wanting to work with you on better packaging for
years. I have looked at what you did for some package and then moved
it over to a spec file I needed when I ran into some sort of problem.
You should have had no problem convincing me that what you want is a
good idea. Instead I am at the point of screaming obscenities at my
keyboard.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.