Re: EPEL analyse/observation, some question, PR proposals/questions and more ..

On 22 January 2018 at 15:53, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[,,]
> OK so here you just gave me +1 for a). Thx.

No I didn't. It is clear that our versions of English are not syncing
up so I am not sure how to communicate clearly with you. You think I
am reading in between the lines, but I think I am reading what you are
saying as direct and to the point of what you are wanting to do.
However they are not matching up and you seem to be taking offence
when I was thinking I was being helpful. Since that isn't happening, I
am ending my part of the conversation until such time as I can figure
out how to communicate better with you.

Why you are using rhetoric ("argumentum ad hominem/personam" to be more precise) against me and not using exact specs from CentOS showing that I'm wrong?
Maybe it is not obvious but rhetoric newer was, isn't and never will be toll of proving/disproving anything.
It is pure distracting tool and I know how to recognize it .. instantly.
If you don't know what you just used here is the explanation/description https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Yes, my English is not perfect buy how I'm using English has nothing to do with subject, CentOS and/or Fedora specs files. Isn't it?

So back to subject.
Show me pairs of Fedora and CentOS specs files.
This ONLY few ways which can change result of the discussion.
Just for the record: during discussions we should be using arguments or counterarguments.
No impressions, no "I", no "you", ways thinking, guesses. assumptions .. etc.
Just pure facts .. *please*.
If you agree to stand on such platform you don't even need English to communicate with me.
Use example spec files. It is really so simple.

Other possible way which you can use. Try to answer on below questions.

Are you one of the few persons who added in the past to Fedora specs CentOS %ifings?
Do you know what was the propose of those %ifings?
In what kind of context they have been used?
Is this context still applicable to current state of the Fedora and CentOS?
Are those %ifings still in use by someone?

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH