Re: EPEL analyse/observation, some question, PR proposals/questions and more ..

On 22 January 2018 at 00:29, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tomasz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22 January 2018 at 03:10, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 21 January 2018 at 15:54, Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczko.tomasz@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>
> [..]
>>
>> > 8) Why we have %{centos} %ifings? Theoretically Centos is EL derivate up
>> > ABI level so all this should be:
>> >
>> > a) removed
>> > b) replaced by %{el6} and %{el7} (and if it is anything older .. remove)
>> > c) if ContOS guys are using Fedora gir repos to preserve some CentOS
>> > specific changes they should move all this stuff to own git (create
>> > project
>> > on github it is not rocket science). IMO definitely %{centos} is next
>> > candidate to remove from master branch.
>>
>> It might help to do some further research before speculating.
>

> I've done my reserch.
> These a, b and c points are not speculations.
> They describes 3 only possibilities explanations about what needs to be
> done.
> Other facts which other people replaying on may email may only shorten this
> list os possible to do scenarios.
>

>> The CentOS 'guys' do maintain everything in their repo.
>

> OK so here you just gave me +1 for a). Thx.

No I didn't. It is clear that our versions of English are not syncing
up so I am not sure how to communicate clearly with you. You think I
am reading in between the lines, but I think I am reading what you are
saying as direct and to the point of what you are wanting to do.
However they are not matching up and you seem to be taking offence
when I was thinking I was being helpful. Since that isn't happening, I
am ending my part of the conversation until such time as I can figure
out how to communicate better with you.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.