Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On 12/20/2017 03:37 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> midori is dead upstream. Likely it should be retired, but I keep holding
>> out hope they will revive development. I definitely would not suggest
>> more widespread usage of it.
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~midori/midori/ doesn't look that dead. The
> webKitTwoOnly branch you are currently packaging is dead, but it was
> apparently replaced by a new webKit2Gtk3only branch.

Sure, which has had 6 non translation commits in the last year, and even
fewer before that. I wouldn't really call that active.

>> We shipped midori on the Xfce spin for a while, but people asked for
>> firefox.
>
> People also ask for patent-encumbered codecs, Flash, etc. It is not always
> the right decision to ship what some people ask for.

They were installing firefox post install and telling us that they
wanted us to save them time and just ship it on the spin. It really
didn't have anything to do with forbidden items.

kevin