Re: What to I have to do....

On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 12:01 -0500, Steve Dickson wrote:
> On 12/08/2017 11:46 AM, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> > You're blowing this way out of proportion, as if this was a
> > catastrophe. History shows that it isn't.
>
> Maybe I am... Would not be the first time! ;-)
>
> In last couple of months there were a couple of changes
> that were non-critical so I'm getting the feeling
> people are getting a bit embolden... which is worrisome.
>
> Then on the other hand I get these pull-requests that
> work sooooo well!
>
> So I just don't understand why for non-massive changes
> why is it not required to go through the pull-request
> process?

This wasn't a trivial change.

It certainly was trivial for each package it got applied to, but it got
applied to quite a few packages.

That's essentially a similar change to mass-rebuilds, just at a smaller
scale.

It was also announced properly on this list, enough time in advance, so
it shouldn't have taken you by surprise.

If you really want to insist on the maintainers's responsibilities,
start by reading announcements on this list.

--
Mathieu