Re: What to I have to do....

On 12/08/2017 10:07 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 08:31:44AM -0500, Steve Dickson wrote:

>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> These were properly announced:
>>>
>>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/RJYQNLIWBAVQPGLIGUT77WGY5D4TK334/
>>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/YKPCYY2JJOAQG67X4I6ZNYRHNYDCNQFL/
>>>
>>> This is proper use of the provenpackager privileges.
>> Which will lead to the instability... IMHO... Allowing people to
>> to change technology that they are clueless of is just wrong.
>
> I think that's exactly the point ;)
> We are allowing people who have the knack and inclination to do "boring"
> cleanups to do them so that _maintainers_ can actually concentrate on
> _technology_.
>
> From your message one could think that the changes are some massive
> reworking, but both commits are completely trivial updates of
> dependencies on package names that have been gone for _years_.
>
> Unless you want to say that the change is somehow wrong, please
> don't say that "poeple [...] are clueless", because that's disingenuous.
Fair enough... "clueless" was probably not the most appropriate
term to use... But I just read this policy.

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy

It is very broad... IHMO.. You open a ticket, get three acks
a boom! You know have complete access every Fedora package
including the kernel... hmm...

steved.