Re: F27 System Wide Change: Graphical Applications as Flatpaks

On 20 July 2017 at 04:10, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's even required. There is no support for unbundling anything beyond the
> runtime at all, nor can runtimes share files without duplicating them.

Sure they can. If you install the KDE runtime and the GNOME runtime,
these are both built upon the Freedesktop runtime and share a huge
number of files. Any duplicate files get deduplicated on disk -- you
don't even download the duplicates when you update either or both of
them.

> This is exactly why I consider Flatpak a no go.

Sure, and I don't think there's *anything* anyone can say to change
your mind on that even when they tell you you're wrong. You're
ignoring people when they correct you, and trying to make drama out of
things that are just not true. You've made it very clear on the
mailing list all the reasons why you think it's designed by idiots who
don't understand the One True RPM way, and I'm sure a good few people
on this list are just filtering your messages. If you come up with
well researched questions and reach out to us with a pleasant tone,
then we'll respond. Otherwise I'm just going to ignore all your posts
as well. Sorry to be blunt.

Richard.