Re: F27 System Wide Change: Graphical Applications as Flatpaks

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 05:02:42PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> I think that's probably worthwhile. The way I see it, we have a
> large number of users who prefer an entirely RPM-based system,
> although most users would be better off with an Atomic system and
> just layering a few RPMs on top. I suspect we can satisfy both
> groups of users while doing only a minimal amount of work. Making
> patches conditional is not so hard.

I definitely would like to see as much "magic" and infrastructure
support as we can muster for this, so we avoid the complication of SCL
macros -- the original idea there was that the same spec files could be
used for non-SCL packages, and it got so complex that that didn't
really pan out.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>