Re: Proposal: Rethink Fedora multilib support (Take Two!)

Matthew Miller wrote:
> But if that's *all* we do, we're going to be a footnote in history.

I don't buy this sort of alarmist bulldung that keeps being claimed with no
evidence whatsoever to justify radical changes to what Fedora is all about,
such as:
* promoting proprietary drivers (making them easier to use, adding them to
  GNOME Software, etc.), which contradicts our Freedom principle,
* moving away from integrated packages (which are what a distribution is all
  about) towards modules and containers (which, incidentally, also make it
  easier to deliver non-free blobs),
etc.

The same kind of alarmist nonsense was floated back in the day by the
Linspire folks towards distributions such as Fedora and Debian that refused
to embrace proprietary software. Look where Fedora and Debian are now (alive
and thriving) and where Linspire is now (long dead).

I think that by destroying what Fedora is all about, we will become a
footnote in history. On the other hand, sticking to our principles (Freedom)
and to our technical strengths (an integrated distribution of integrated
packages) will keep us relevant for a long time to come.

        Kevin Kofler