Re: Proposal: Rethink Fedora multilib support (Take Two!)

On 01/06/2017 06:47 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
I think that by destroying what Fedora is all about, we will become a
footnote in history. On the other hand, sticking to our principles (Freedom)
and to our technical strengths (an integrated distribution of integrated
packages) will keep us relevant for a long time to come.

Enhancing interoperability increases the reach of Fedora and doesn't require a bit of compromise on the the Freedom principle. I would hope our technical strengths mean we can solve the problem Stephen identified *and* maintain or enhance the multilib-using developer experience, too. If it just so happens that the solution increases the value of all Linux distributions at the same time, that's a good thing. There are more operating systems and ecosystems than the classic Linux distributions out there, so let's stay true to our principles, adapt, and grow.

--
Brendan Conoboy / RHEL Development Coordinator / Red Hat, Inc.