Re: Two more concrete ideas for what a once-yearly+update schedule would look like

On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 11:00:45 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > Same applies to your usage scenario. Personal experience is just that:
> > personal experience.
>
> Yes, but the burden of proof always lies with those who want to change
> stuff. I've got the easy job here: I just get to say 'look, if you want
> to change everything, provide some concrete evidence:
>
> a) that there's a problem
> b) that the changes will solve it
> c) that they won't create larger problems than the ones they solve'
>
> That's always how it works. You have to provide a justification for
> change. No justification is really needed for no-change.

Then you get to keep the pieces. Unfortunate as it may sound, but I don't
see any "burden of proof". I do not "have to provide" anything at all.
I voice my opinion, and you are free to listen _or_ ignore it.
And if you don't listen, you may as well forget about changing bodhi, too,
and enjoy updates that get marked stable by the karma threshold system
even before they have appeared on the relevant world-wide mirrors.

But hey, in another reply you've mentioned the rather old "logical AND"
solution to the problem. Karma threshold AND minimum time spent in repo.
Of course, the developers of bodhi would need to be convinced of such a
feature, too, and it could be that there is no big kahuna to do exactly
that. Oh well.