Re: Two more concrete ideas for what a once-yearly+update schedule would look like

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 19:48 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 09:40:08 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > This is just a bunch of entirely unsupported assertions, and thus not
> > worth the time to respond to.
>
> Same applies to your usage scenario. Personal experience is just that:
> personal experience.

Yes, but the burden of proof always lies with those who want to change
stuff. I've got the easy job here: I just get to say 'look, if you want
to change everything, provide some concrete evidence:

a) that there's a problem
b) that the changes will solve it
c) that they won't create larger problems than the ones they solve'

That's always how it works. You have to provide a justification for
change. No justification is really needed for no-change.

> Great! Then something else is the cause, such as editing bodhi tickets and
> replacing builds or removing them. Whatever. Or else "dnf" would not find
> installed packages with no reference in bodhi. And previous releases of
> a package in the repo still get deleted, breaking history undo.

Well, yes. I don't think it's ever been claimed that 'history undo' is
guaranteed to always work. We've never claimed to keep every build that
at some point landed in updates-testing or updates there forever, so
far as I know.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey