Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

> Josh Boyer (jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > > If that is not the case anymore it would be good if that would be
> > > communicated in advance so that all users on mac hw could either
> > > switch distros or gang together to make a remix or something.
> >
> > You are confusing Fedora with a company.  There is no top-down
> > communication on what is or is not supported.  There is no hardware
> > support list or hardware certification list.  It is literally what
> > people show up and test.
>
> In the past couple of weeks we have:
>
> 1) Fedora going out to survey HN about what they want, and 'seamless
> hardware compatiblity' being a top response
>
> 2) This thread about how there's no institutional (for lack of a better
> word) project commitment to any set of supportable hardware in particular

Well, no, this thread is about how there's insufficient 'institutional'
commitment to working on Macs. The answer to 1) is almost certainly not
going to be 'focus on Fedora working well on Macs'. It may well be
'focus on Fedora working well on some specific hardware', but I'd be
extremely surprised if that that hardware turned out to be 'Macs'.

I would not be at all surprised to see a response to 1) be an effort to
define some specific hardware configurations that Workstation targets.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey