Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

On 15 November 2016 at 01:35, Andreas Tunek <andreas.tunek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You seem to confuse something being in the release criteria, and
>> something being possible. But that's secondary. If you would like this
>> scenario to be supported, then commit to testing it before the next
>> release (in advance, at least a week before the beta freeze).
>>

> If something is in the release criteria I expect the feature to be
> present in the release. If the feature in question has worked for ~20
> Fedora releases it is not my first priority to test, unless there is
> specific communication otherwise, like specific "Mac install testing
> days" (which to my knowledge there hasn't been).

You seem to be under a misapprehension on how distributions are
built.. even ones which are paid for. In any distribution, if
something is important then the stakeholders (the people who think it
is important) make sure that it is funded so that the resources are
there for testing. That funding in a corporate distribution is in
paying for equipment, staff and hours to get that item tested and
developed. In a 'free' distribution, that funding is volunteering the
time to make sure it is tested. [And even in paid distributions, when
things aren't paid for and people assume that X was going to be
there.. if X isn't working on release day it comes back to the
stakeholders that they needed not to assume it would be.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.