Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I think this is a big problem.
>> > If we have a "class" of users that have special needs (aka: very
>> > specific hardware/software/bios/...) and they never tests things, I see
>> > this more as their problem than other people problem.
>>
>> I see it as everyone's problem. A bad user experience for an entire
>> class of users is not good for the project as a whole. I don't see the
>> them and us
>
> Hi,
>
> I see the "them and us" only in the sense that the people outside that
> class can not perform testing and therefore the number of tester is very
> limited.
> Same can apply to other kind of setup that have very specific hardware
> compatibilities (ie: secondary arch).

I think you mean Alternate Architectures. We have primary and
secondary release artifacts which can be any architecture including
x86_64.

> Obviously if a company wants to test and support this actively can do so,
> but imho this burden should not be on the wider community.

Often those companies also bring a broad set of resources that benefit
the rest of the community on x86_64 as much, or often even more than
the benefit they get. You might not be aware but the alternate
architectures and their associated "companies" contribute a lot of
resources (both human and other) to Fedora to improve it as a whole.
Like everything else in a community it's give and take.