Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

On Thu, 2016-11-10 at 13:31 -0800, Chris Murphy wrote:
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2016-11-10/f25-final-gono-go-meeting.2016-11-10-17.00.log.html

> I think it's specious to drop the criterion on this basis. There are
> plenty of other things that don't get tested and their criterion don't
> get dropped.

I am actually planning to propose precisely this.

>  It's always a last minute rush to test things like active
> directory,

We have this testing fairly well covered now.

>  Free IPA,

This is now tested automatically by openQA (so we already have had
several F26 blockers for it filed and fixed...)

>  iSCSI,

Ditto this.

>  you know the list way better than I do, so
> I don't know why you're picking on this one in contrast to others.

We've talked about it before, but I think we could stand to tighten
down on it better. There may be some things it kinda makes sense to
have in the criteria without an explicit testing plan that 100% covers
them, but at the very least we need to reconsider it.

Still, you've said in the bug that you actually were testing OS X dual
boot, just not filing results, which changes the picture there a bit.
We need to get more data before we can draw any conclusions, though.

> So feel free to drop the pretty UI/Ux going forward if maintaining
> that is going to cause problems,

This might be a good idea (thanks for reminding me about the weird
wrinkle with how this works, pjones did also).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey