Bodhi For Rawhide?

Hi all,

I am thinking, why we don't have enabled Bodhi for Rawhide? I know that
you might think now that I went nut and it is bureaucracy, but let me
explain.

If I understand it correctly, during several past years, our build
process was more streamlined and we are trying to do the Rawhide
composes in a similar fashion we are doing stable releases. But for some
reason, we are still not using Bodhi for Rawhide and I see no reasons
not to use it. Here are some benefits if we were using Bodhi:

* One of the nice things which Bodhi does is running several check, such
as depcheck, rpmlint (actually question if we are using rpmlint for
Fedora builds was what triggered this email), etc. On one hand, I'd love
to see these checks running in Koji, but there is no support for them
and I don't even see the support coming. So enabling Bodhi for Rawhide
would give us this opportunity.

It is actually quite interesting, that while most of the development
happens in Rawhide, there is less sanity checks then for the Rawhide, so
if you screw up something in Rawhide, it will get into stable version
and you might not notice until you submit some stable update.

* From time to time, there is necessary to build some framework, which
consist of several components which must be released together.
Currently, we either temporarily break Rawhide or we are asking for side
tag. But why not use koji for that? Users of stable releases are not
affected by incomplete builds, since the don't reach even the
update-testing without pushing via Bodhi.

* And probably last think, why the Rawhide should be really exception?
Why we should not use Bodhi if we are using it anywhere else?

Lets use Bodhi for Rawhide, where the submitted update would immediately
go into Rawhide, unless maintainer wishes some testing period.

Any comments on this topic?

V.