Re: RPM %changelog?

> That wouldn't really bother me, so I'm only curious, but why do you
> find having a big changelog at the end of the file so annoying? It's
> at
> the end and you pretty much never have to look at it. Is it just
> because it tends to match searches, or what?

Primarily to make scrolling within the document easier. It doesn't
matter if the non-changelog portion of the spec file is very small: you
can scroll with arrow keys or the mouse wheel. But if the non-changelog
portion of the spec is large, then it's desirable to scroll using
scrollbars to cover more distance. That's only practical if the
changelog is not itself huge.

Maybe this is a silly argument, and sure it's not super important, but
what SUSE has is superior.

Michael