Re: finish retirement of sysvinit-only packages Re: Schedule for Friday's FESCo Meeting (2016-07-29)

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 12:15:09AM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Those do get ported. I didn't mean to be confusing. "buildbot", the
> Python based build tool, is unlikely to ever be ported. Not that it's
> a very good tool, but it remains additionally unlikely to be ported
> due to the extra burden of having to provide system admin provided
> systemd integration.

https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/contrib/systemd/buildbot.service

This commit landed in January, 2014, and sits alongside an example
sysvinit script.  Fedora's packages include neither, not even as
exmples -- there's no provided init integration at all.

Incidently, I wouldn't consider buildbot an example of a "decades-old"
daemon for which systemd adds nothing; indeed it's one of the most
finiky and brittle tools I've ever used, and systemd's isolation,
logging, and cleanup features are greatly beneficial when trying to
figure out why buildbot has crapped out yet again.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^