Re: Please stop modifying other people's packages without coordinating with them first

On 15/02/16 13:57 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 15-02-16 13:47, Josh Boyer wrote:

<snip>

While I'm still very much on the fence about this, moving to pagure
for dist-git might very much help in these situations.  Being able to
send a pull request with your changes easily means you've fixed it,
the maintainer just needs to pull it in.  All of the information is
contained within that pull request.  It would seem to solve many of
our communication issues.

I do not think that adding a pull-req to the process of proven packager
commits is really helpful. To me this feels like adding unnecessary red-tape
in a response to one are two cases where a provenpackager commit was
not 100% to the liking of the maintainer.

Personally I'd be happy with it. When patching lots of packages for
mass rebuilds I don't want to have to wait for dozens of email
days earlier.  But if instead of pushing a fix I could send a pull
request and still "forget about" the package I'd be happy. The fix
would be shared with the maintainer, and I no longer need to track it
myself locally and chase people to respond.