Re: Please stop modifying other people's packages without coordinating with them first

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Till Maas <opensource@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Sa, Feb 13, 2016 at 09:43:06 -0800, Alex Gagniuc wrote:
>
>> I was in the process of upgrading to the latest upstream releases,
>> which came out about a week ago. You've interrupted the process by
>> pushing some unrelated changes, and now I have to figure out what
>
> the changes were not unrelated but fixed the build error for pulseview
> on Rawhide and extending the build overrides fixed the build errors on
> F23 (which you can also read in the changelog).
>
>> You've done that without  any attempt at contacting me. There are
>
> This is not true, since I tried to contact you via IRC.

I'm not going to weigh in on the changes, but I did want to address
this in public so others can learn.

IRC alone is not sufficient.  We cannot expect volunteer maintainers
to be on IRC all the time.  In the future, please email and wait at
least a bit for a reply.

josh