Re: slowing down the development schedule for a release.

On 08/21/2013 05:18 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 15:35:57 +0200
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just one minor item:
   How do you expect people to test f20 fixes at the moment?

There is no f20 repo on dl.fedoraproject.org, there are no f20 mock
configurations on released Fedora releases in place, mirrormanager
also so doesn't know about f20 yet, etc. ...

We branched yesterday afternoon.

The first branched compose is... composing right now.

mock is being updated today. You can surely make a new f20 cfg file if
you have some urgent need, or use a scratch build?

The latter is what I am doing (Thanks to the arm, this has become part of all updates and reviews, in any case).

mirrormanager picks up releases from the master mirror trees. See point
one about a compose happening right now.

Admitted, these issues are minor, but ... these are causing some
amount churn on packager side and thus causes delays.

This is a completely normal one day state.
We will see. In the past, such branches had taken several days from "branching" until fully migrated over the "big pond" to Europe.

How can we compose a tree
before we have branched?
I don't know what a "compose" is.

To me it seems illogical to have a presumably functional repository accessible through fedpkg/koji, while none is available on dl.fedoraproject.org rsp. the mirrors.

That said, to me a "compose" would be "flipping a switch" such that this internal repo is mirrored to the outside and then propagated to the mirror - Seems as if I am wrong.

Ralf