Re: slowing down the development schedule for a release.

On 08/21/2013 03:06 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:37:10 -0400
Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As far as I know, we've done a mass rebuild and we've branched.  FESCo
has closed the Changes.  Beyond that, I don't know what else has
actually started.  Can you elaborate?

Physically it can be done, now that we have branched it means we would
have two development strains for awhile or we have a pain point
somewhere. biggest issue is that FESCo set an expectation that a
release will happen this year. all the hand waviness around dates
doesn't relate to reality.
My thoughts are converse. IMO, FESCO's decision to branching now was prematiure and causes further non-helpful delays and hick-ups in preparing f20.

Just one minor item:
 How do you expect people to test f20 fixes at the moment?

There is no f20 repo on dl.fedoraproject.org, there are no f20 mock configurations on released Fedora releases in place, mirrormanager also so doesn't know about f20 yet, etc. ...

Admitted, these issues are minor, but ... these are causing some amount churn on packager side and thus causes delays.

Ralf