Re: EPEL (was Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk))

Am 23.07.2013 22:07, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
> On 07/23/2013 07:11 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> so you have no plan how large the positive impact is but you
>> attack Redhat and employees in a subtle way wherever you can?
>
> For the first you do realize that Red Hat is a corporate and my view of corporate involvement is the same in open
> source community is the same regardless of what that company is called and as a company they exist to make money.
> Red Hat just approaches open source community with ROI.

and because this ROI peo9ple can *fulltime* payed to work on opensource
so what - win win

> Now if I was cabable of being subtle yes then you might claim that I did that but since I'm not that argument of
> yours does not hold water and somehow you make the assumption that all Red Hat employees have positive impact on
> the project

you refuse to understand that it *does not matter* if one is a Red Hat employee or not
judge everybody in what *he* does and not who pays him

> or in upstream in general even those employees that literally walk about and claim that Red Hat owns
> various upstreams I guess you have never met those individuals?

well, i have no problem with egocentric people, independent who they are and who
pays them - at the end of the day i judge if things are done with care and quality

> Look at the Gnome desktop team history here [1] within the project or for example just recent case [2] where one
> spends several hours fixing outdated and broken spec file submits in good faith trying to help only have that work
> dismissed because the Red Hat maintainer does not "feel" like it and wants to replace it with something that
> violates the projects guidelines instead [3][4].

what can happen with *everybody* the same way even if he is not a RH employee

> Do you know who approach me and thank me for looking into and help fixing this. Obviously it was not Steve, Do you
> think it was Jeff Layton which I do believe is the other NFS maintainer nope not him either it was Harald Hoyer, he
> noticed I was helping out and he approach me and thanked me for it

and from here is clear that you *blindly* shoot around at Redhat *blindly and nothing else*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Hoyer
He is employed by Red Hat, Inc