Re: [@core] working definition for the minimal package set

On 11/12/2012 11:57 AM, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Petr Lautrbach wrote:

which was, in fact, what I said.

scp is something people expect to be able to use on servers to send
files over. that it is not there makes the server install feel a
touch awkward.

that's all.

A thin client would probably not want to install openssh-server.

fantastic. show me a deployment somewhere of a 'thin client' that
doesn't use their own custom kickstart/pxe for instantiating the clients
and that will be relevant to this discussion.

-sv

To be fair if we're talking about redefining what goes into @core (which cannot be deselected, and mandatory items cannot be deselected) then even those doing kickstart/pxe are relevant to the discussion.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk