Re: Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

On 03/02/2012 12:27 PM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
Well, Fedora ships packages. I might be stupid but would someone please explain me how can one deliver fixed/improved packages to users without do at least a bit of packaging work. I don't see a way this to happen.

Spec files are no rocket science and the process for them is heavily backed up by FPG.

One way to achieve that would be that one could do so by becoming proven packager through some kind of mentoring process ( which does not exist btw ) I would think.

Atleast I would think you would have to first complete that step then proceed into being allowed to actually patch the actual source of the component.

JBG