Re: Orphaning Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 02:55:36PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:

> Yes, I believe the expression you're looking for is:
>
> "Perfect is the enemy of the good"
>
> What is being suggested is not perfect. It is, however, good.

Here we disagree. As I explained I see little use in it, since there are
other methods that work at least as good as this on, but are less
annoying. And they might even perform better, wrt to the challenge to
find unmaintained packages. Or in other words, I do not trust in the
mass bugfiling method, so the other methods still need to be implemented
to get the information I am interested in.

Also I cannot remember any argument from you that explains why your
solution is superior to the other solutions.

Regards
Till