Re: KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 07:38 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
I don't draw the line, the maintainers of each package draw their own
line.  I just sit back and comfortably sip on my mai tai while the
people who know best make the proper decisions.

But you obviously have a personal line somewhere.  Where is your line
that you're willing to take latest upstream builds, but won't move to
rawhide?

For me, that's easy. I don't want updates that the packagers don't consider "stable". It sure sounds to me like Christopher feels the same way.

I am willing to take the latest upstream builds because the maintainer considers them "safe". I am not willing to use rawhide because it's considered a free-for-all. (I don't use updates-testing either, which IMO if I slurped everything relevant from updates-testing, would be about the same thing as using rawhide.)

--
Matthew
Thank you for reading all the way to this .sig. You may stop reading now. Really. It is safe to stop. There is no more content. Why are you still reading?