Re: Release criteria proposal: installing / removing software

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 08:49 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM, Adam Williamson
> > <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > To be clearer here, consider these options:
> > >
> > > "...to appropriately install, remove and update..."
> > > "...to install, remove and update appropriately..."
> > > "...appropriately to install, remove and update..."
> > >
> > > To me, it's at least possible that someone might read the first as if
> > > the "appropriately" applies only to the action "install", and the
> > > second as if the "appropriately" applies only to the action "update".
> > > The third, however, can't really be understood in any way *other* than
> > > with "appropriately" applying to all three actions.
> >
> > Use a colon.
> >
> > to appropriately: install, remove, and update...
> >
> > Unambiguous.
> >

> Just drop "appropriately" and replace it with a footnote. Then there is no
> need for all of this discussion and the text is easier to read (also
> installing the correct update falls into common sense hence for most people
> it will be clear even without reading the footnote).

There already is a footnote; to me the footnote reads better if it has
a word in the text to key off.

To be honest I don't think anyone's actually pointed out any real
*problem* with the revised draft yet and I'm inclined to just go with
it, after a few more days for substantive feedback.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey