Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 09:29:54PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> yet Fedora some how gets questioned over the fact that we want some
> differentiation and get questioned over the fact that we even want to
> deviate over the wallpaper.

I wouldn't say that anybody, or at least most people, flat out thinks
that a distributor shouldn't be able to differentiate by having their
own visual identity.  However, there might be certain things that some
people might like less, just as there might be things that might be
liked more.

The boot splash, default wallpaper, network hostname, log in screen,
the Settings panel, a logo on the desktop, and all those things listed
on https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/DownstreamBranding - they are all
different things that can evoke different responses from different
people.

I mean, isn't Fedora shipping with the word "fedora" overlaid on the
default wallpaper?