Re: Fedora Workstation and why the presentation of third-party packages in Software matters

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 15:10 +0000, Alexander Bisogiannis wrote:
> I have found that Software does not show third party packages, which
> is
> confusing, since it lets users add third party repos in the first
> place.
>
> If I am allowed to add RPMFusion using the Software GUI, it should
> then
> also give me a list of the packages that are contained in the repo I
> just installed, maybe with a red watermark saying that this is a
> third
> party binary and it might break your system.

If it doesn't show *applications* with valid appstream metadata
provided by the third-party repo, then it's a bug that needs to be
fixed. AFAIK RPMFusion does not provide such metadata. Am I incorrect?

It's not a package manager and will never show packages, nor stuff
without valid metadata.

Michael